My Life as a Fashion Student.

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Review: April Discoveries

Hey Guys, So as the title of this post suggests, this is just going to be a small review of some products I have recently found and my opinion on them. The products that feature I have obtained and tried over the last month.

My New Must Haves:

1. The Body Shop Chocomania Shower Cream £4 250ml. This stuff is amazing! It smells so good you just want to eat it. I love, love, love this product and shall definately be repurchasing. I only had a small bottle which came as part of a gift set and that lasted me about 2-3 weeks and that was a 60ml bottle. It probably would of lasted longer if I'd of used less each time as it does lather up really well and go a long way, I just got a bit carried away because the smell of it is gorgeous.
 
2. Avon Ultra Color Rich Lipstick in Pout, I think it's £5 but it was given to me so I'm unsure. I do have quite a lot of lipsticks but most of them are bright or fairly dramatic colours just because I have struggled to find a good nude one. This lipstick is so nice of the lips, the nude hints towards more of a coral colour which I find really complements my skin. I also suffer from dry lips and this is one of the few that manages to hide this and moisturise my lips instead of emphasising it. It's a must have!



3. Rimmel Sunshimmer Instant Tan Water Resistant Medium Matte £6.99 125ml. I love this. I have used the non waterproof version for over a year now. I have used so many tans and had so many disasters but this one is amazing. I don't tan on a daily basis but always use it for a night out or any sort of occassion really. It dries super quickly and where it is an instant tan you can see exactly where it goes. You do have to work quite quickly with it so only do one area at a time and I can not emphasise enough USE A TANNING MIT! this product comes out thick in a black/brown colour and it will stain your hands instantly. 

4. Jelly Pong Pong Cosmetics Lip Blush in Cranberry (berry red) £12. I got this in my March Glossybox and fell in love, the image here (from their website) does look really pink but it is more red, I have already featured this product in Todays Outfit #01 and March Glossybox so  have at look there for the colour. It is so lovely, it glides on and stays put all day, I have put it on for uni, been there all day, came home and it looks pretty much the same. I love this product so much that I have every intention of buying the other shade and other products from Jelly Pong Pong.


They Did The Job:

1. L'Occitane En Provence Brightening Hand Care SPF 15 £19 75ml. I don't usually use hand cream but I've noticed that with a new hand wash we've had at home that my hands feel a bit dry so I gave this a go. The one that I've been using id a sample and I did get it in March's Glossybox and mine also says SPF20 on the bottle. The product is good but I don't notice any real improvements in my hands other than them feeling moisturised which is standard in a product like this. It is good that it has SPF in it and that is one element that I would recommend looking for in any moisturisers. I did like this product but I don't think I would re purchase it mainly for the price tag.
2. DiorSkin Nude BB Cream £30 30ml. This was also a tester product that came in one of the latest issues of Vogue. I was going  out for the day so thought I'd try it. It was nice but I personally didn't find it did much for me, it didn't help with shine control in amyway and I also found that it picked up any areas of my skin that were slightly dry. Although I wouldn't go out and by this product I can understand why it has had good reviews, it's just not for me.

Let Downs:
1. Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant Fragrance Free £25 50ml. This is a bit controversial seeing how it has been nominated for several beauty awards but I just didn't like it. This is meant to be the cream that does it all. I got a sample in my Glossybox and was quite excited due to all the hype about this product but I found it a bit strange. It came out more a gel than a cream, i tried it on my hands but found it sticky and oily so had to wash them, because of this I haven't used it on my face. I'm an oily person anyway so I don't want what I found to be quite a heavy and oily product on my face. The only use I have got from it is as lip care but it doesn't have the greatest taste so I only use it at night, to be fair to it my lips are well moisturised by the morning and often still have the product left on them. So yeah, this product wasn't for me but would love to hear your opinions on it.

2.

Umberto Giannini Glam Hair Plump & Sexy Volume Conditioner £5.61 250ml. I buy into most things that claim to add volume to my hair as after the first day of being washed my hair goes really flat and I have to use dry shampoo to spruce it up. I thought I'd give this ago and now I wish I hadn't. I did use it in conjunction with the shampoo which was alright and I'll probably use the rest of the bottle but with an intensive conditioner. I understand that getting volume normally means compromising some shine or softness but this took it to the extreme. My hair felt like straw and my hair didn't appear much different other than it held it's shape a bit better as it was so dry. It also took me about two washes with an argan oil conditioning mask to get my hair back to normal. I would not recommend the range or use it again.

Well I hope you liked the post, I don't like being negative about products but not everything works. Also these are my own opinions and I'm not saying the products that I haven't really rated, wouldn't work for some of you.

Until next time
X



No comments:

Post a Comment